Tariffs imposed on Chinese imports—from handbags to circuit boards to wooden doors—recently increased from 10% to 25%, and American consumers are now facing higher prices at the grocery store, big-box retailer, and building material supplier. But because Sun Mountain’s doors are manufactured in the US, foreign import tariffs have not impacted the cost of its products.
While Sun Mountain is renowned for its custom wood doors, the company also manufactures a line of value-priced knotty Alder doors. The “Teton Series” was first introduced in 2008 to compete with the lower-quality, low cost imports from China, and this product is more relevant today than ever.
Teton doors are 1-3/8″ thick, come in standard widths and 6′8″ and 8′ heights, and are offered in seven designs, including raised panel, plank, and Craftsman.
In addition to cost, what are some of the other advantages to selecting Teton doors over imports?
- Sun Mountain doors are literally “Made by Hands,” with a process that merges Old World craftsmanship with modern woodworking technology, producing a product far superior to mass-produced imports.
- Because Teton doors are maintained in stock, production and lead times are shorter.
- Sun Mountain sells nationwide and delivers direct to the jobsite.
- Pre-hanging options are available, further reducing steps and costs in the construction process.
- Sun Mountain offers pre-finishing options that include 29 standard stains and glazes, or custom color-matching to suit individual needs.
- Sun Mountain offers a one-year limited warranty on its doors. That warranty extends to five years on factory pre-finished interior doors.
- As a US manufacturer, Sun Mountain provides responsive, prompt after-the-sale service.
Or, explore the unlimited possibilities of Sun Mountain’s full line of custom doors. With the price of imports on the rise, now might be the time to take advantage of an American-made product!